The Pepperstone story started in 2010. Our team describes us as a place for the creative and the driven. We’re a team who do things a little differently: we’re a global fintech that was born digital, nimble, connected, and united in our purpose to truly support every one of our customers’ quests for trading mastery. Our people are motivated to develop their careers in FinTech in a vibrant and fast-paced environment. We thrive on progress – for our traders and for ourselves. We possess a unique organisational culture, combined with a vibrant and fast-paced working environment for driven people who want to grow their career in finance and do so with one of the world's fastest-growing FX brokers.
We're growing our team and are looking for mid-level and senior Back End Developers. These are exciting opportunities to join a growing team within the IT department at a global organisation as we head into a digital transformation.
Your days will include:
- Developing integrations & components for trading platforms
- Managing performance and optimisation of our trading platforms
- Working closely with the product function to continue to build out new functionalities
- Structuring UI into composable and unit-tested components.
- Writing unit, automation, and performance tests and integrating work into a CI/CD pipeline for deployment in line with our development guidelines
- Working with the architecture team and development operations to design and deploy systems for use in the business
- Contribute to architecture and design in collaborating with the Engineering Chapter Lead
- Ensuring that development and design principles are followed
- Contributing to the improvement of software development lifecycle processes
- Working within an agile environment and contributing to continuous improvement of our processes
- Contributing to backlog grooming in close collaboration with the Business Analyst
As our new Back End Developer, you'll have:
- Previous backend coding experience: Java, Golang, C++
- Knowledge of Docker and related container-orchestration technologies (e.g. Kubernetes)
- Previous experience developing in high-speed low latency environments
- Experience in developing and managing systems using cloud computing products (AWS)
- Strong understanding of design and development principles, and best practice in fundamental programming techniques and concepts
- Strong experience in Agile development, familiarity with CI/CD and an agile team environment/tools (Jira/Trello)
It's desirable (but not essential!) that you have these:
- Some experience with and understanding of frontend technologies (React)
- Previous experience with Trading platforms and architectures (ideally!)
- Confidence that you can learn new things quickly
- An education of some kind
- A sense of humor
Perks & Benefits:
- Highly competitive salary
- Genuinely collaborative and friendly culture
- Flexible working arrangements – we value work-life balance
- Generous parental leave policy
- Ongoing Personal Development & Training
- Employee Assistance Program
- Frequent team events and celebrations
Pepperstone is an online Forex and CFD Broker providing traders across the globe with cutting-edge technology to trade the world’s markets. Our award-winning combination of outstanding customer service coupled with incredibly low-cost pricing across all FX, CFDs, and Commodities has resulted in Pepperstone being one of the world’s fastest-growing FX brokers. Our focus is to support every one of our customers’ quests for trading mastery.
Check out what our team is saying on Glassdoor!
Please express your interest by applying through our Pepperstone Careers page as soon as possible! https://pepperstonecareers.com/
Pepperstone is an equal opportunity employer.